A Bitcoin wallet is an application that allows you to use the Bitcoin payment network. You’re able to download this wallet either directly from their website, or directly from your app store on your device.
Setting up a Bitcoin Wallet
Bitcoin is a permissionless network, meaning anyone can download and start transacting on the network without approval.
o Do not use a wallet that is already setup
o Always buy a wallet directly from the manufacturer or an authorized reseller.
o Write your recovery phrase with pen and paper, don’t take a picture or save it to the cloud
- Download from Apple App Store or Google Play
- Create new wallet
- Write down your recovery phrase
- Verify backup
The next level hardware wallet securely manages your crypto, anywhere you go. The Ledger Nano combines ease-of-use and flexibility while ensuring the highest standard of crypto security.
- Control private keys – A wallet where you own and control your keys.
- Backup & security features – Seed backup keys and pin codes.
- Developer community – Active development community for maintenance.
- Ease of use – Elegant UI for fast and easy use.
- Compatibility – Compatible on different operating systems.